Sorry, this Workshop is over. Please visit our SCHEDULE page for upcoming workshops.
from Thursday, February 06, 2014
to Friday, February 07, 2014
Jersey City, NJ - 8:30 am - 4:30 pm - Workshops #1, 2 and 3 are prerequisites
Hudson County Community College - Culinary Conference Center - 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
This two-day workshop is designed to help prepare participants to assess students using the Verbal Behavior Milestones and Placement Program (VB-MAPP) and interpret results. The VB-MAPP is based on B.F. Skinner’s (1957) analysis of verbal behavior, established developmental milestones, and research from the field of applied behavior analysis (ABA). Hands-on activities will provide instruction on how to teach language and other related skills to students with autism and other developmental disabilities utilizing a discrete trial format. It is strongly recommended that a VB-MAPP guide and protocol be brought to the workshop.
- Distinguish between the five components of the VB-MAPP: Milestones Assessment, Barriers Assessment, Transition Assessment, Task Analysis and Skills Tracking, and Placement and IEP Goals
- Conduct and score the Verbal Behavior Milestones Assessment and Placement Program (VB-MAPP)
- Utilize VB-MAPP scores to select individualized, developmentally appropriate discrete trial targets.
- Implement research-based teaching procedures.
- Demonstrate errorless teaching procedures across the verbal operants.
- Calculate an appropriate VR schedule for individual students.
- Implement appropriate behavior reduction procedure to manage off-task behavior.
- Follow multi-step discrete trial programs to teach advanced concepts (adjectives and prepositions).
- Organize student program binders and teaching materials.
- Employ a variety of efficient and effective data collection methods for discrete trial.